Friday, April 9, 2010

Sandy's Turn

Well it is my turn to put in a few words. I suppose I have been very slack throughout the building of our boat, but someone has to work to keep the bucks coming in. That and the broken fingernails whilst sanding really does take it's toll. Craig has been very busy between his 2 days a week at the "Big House" and the rest of the time in the shed working on "& Beyond". But she is really starting to take shape. Structurally our little home on the water is all but finished. Paul (Craig's twin brother) was supposed to come up last weekend to spend a couple of days helping him finish off the last of the major fibre glassing, but that unfortunately didn't happen. So that and the rain we have had nearly everyday has put paid to the fibre glassing,. But Craig has kept busy with all the other "little" things that need doing. I am very proud to say that I spent some time in the shed vacuuming up all the dust on the boat and also crawling down into one of the depths of the stern (yes being 5 foot nothing I am the only one who fits now)helping my darling (and I use the term loosely) unscrewing bits and pieces and doing my bit. It was very hot, sticky and itchy and I really wished one of my baby boys were here to do that for their Daddy. But I didn't complain (well not loudly) and we only had one domestic (he told me to screw it one way, but being upside-down it should have been the other way). Our garage looks like a store-room for Whitworths, boxes with all the little bits and pieces needed for the final fitout are laying all over the place, and every time I look I find things that I didn't even know we needed. I think Craig is getting sick of me asking, "what the hell do we need that for?" Craig keeps reminding me that I have to start measuring up for hull lining (which is also stored in the garage) and I always find an excuse; the washing needs doing, the lawn needs mowing, etc, etc. So I will make an oath here for all to testify to that I will do my bit starting this weekend. I am going to hold Sandy to her promise, I'm working all weekend so when I get home on Sunday I will be able to check all the hull lining she has measured and cut ready to fit after painting.

1 comment:

  1. Keith is very impressed with the compass mounting and says he would have been more than happy to help out in the confined space as he has experience from working on the F111's fuel tanks!!
    Have found another nice little sheltered cove for you to visit........Tumby Bay, SA.
    Keep up the good work and I am getting very excited for you as & Beyond progresses.

    ReplyDelete

Followers